Logo

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Grace for the Prideful

   My friend, Lee LeFebre, says that pride is the mother of all obstacles to grace.  He originally shared this with me when I asked him to counsel me a few years ago.  1 Peter 5:5 says, “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble”.  NKJV

   Pride is there when we believe we can handle an area of our life.  Because our Father loves us, He is going to resist us, meaning He is not going to let this continue.  Sometimes He allows us to fail so we will humble ourselves and admit we need help.

   Husbands, do you need to admit that you need counseling because you cannot fix your marriage?  Wives, do you need to admit that you need counseling because you are trying to fix your husband? 

   Pastors, are you struggling but keeping it hidden?  You can wait until your life blows up or you can submit yourself to counseling now. 

   It takes humility for a Christian leader to admit he needs help.  Though I lead a large ministry and am a counselor myself, I had to humble myself and admit I needed counseling.  I’m so glad I did.  The counseling, rooted in the gospel of grace, helped me see my own pride so that I could experience God’s liberating grace.


   Are you ready to humble yourself and get help?  Contact us here at GLI for more info.  We provide local, long distance, and one week intensive counseling.  

Live Free In Christ, 

Mark Maulding, President and Founder 

www.GraceLifeInternational.com 
All Content Copyright © 2013 Mark Maulding

No comments:

Post a Comment