Logo

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Want God WITHOUT Religion? There's an App For That!


Religious legalism prevents us from understanding and living in the peace and freedom Jesus gave to us.  Let’s compare religion to what God actually says.

1 Religion says “You have to earn God’s acceptance”.
God says “I accept you because of your faith in my Son, Jesus Christ, who made you righteous”.
Romans 5:19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. NKJ  God gave you His righteousness the day you placed your faith in Jesus Christ so that now you are righteous.

2 Religion says, “If you obey God He will love you more”.
God says, “I love you the same when you obey Me and when you sin”.
Rom 8:38-39  I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.  Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. NLT  

3 Religion says, “If you try harder, you will be a better Christian”.
God says, “Stop trying harder and ask My Son, Jesus, to live HIS LIFE in and through you every day in all you do.”
Galatians 2:20  I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. NLT

4 Religion says, “God punishes you with bad circumstances when you sin”.
God says, “I punished Jesus on the cross for ALL of your sins-past, present and future.  So I am not going to punish those in Christ.”
1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. ESV   Propitiation means that God punished Jesus for all of our sins so we would not have to be punished.  So God will never be angry with you again.

5 Religion says, “What you do defines who you are”.
God says, “I am your Father who defines you based on your birth”.
1 John 3:1 See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! NLT

Conclusion,  do you want to live in religion and legalism, or do you want to have a real relationship with the true God who loves you?  Are you ready to stop believing in religion and embrace the true God the Bible tells us about!

Until next time, remember, He loves you!      

Live Free In Christ,
Mark Maulding, President and Founder



GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2012 Mark Maulding