Logo

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How Jesus Can Lead Others Through You!

Many years ago, I greatly failed as a leader in my attempts to plant a new church. That was part of what God used to bring me to brokenness.  Looking back, I am so happy I failed.  In that failure, I came to understand that Christ is my Life!  Not success or anything else is my life, only Christ.
   So, when God led me to move my family from our home state to start Grace Life International in 1995, I knew I had to go about it very differently.  I was certain God was leading me to begin this ministry and had a deep sense of destiny.  Yet, I was fearful because of my previous failure.  That was right where God wanted me to be.  I distinctly remember being on Interstate 85 and praying about this in my car.  I said, "Lord Jesus, if you do not lead this ministry through me, then we will not last very long.  Please lead this new ministry through me!"  He answered my prayer.
   When we started, we had three staff plus me, with no office space, no furniture and no office equipment.  17 years later, we find ourselves with 30 staff members in six locations.  We have also been blessed by Jesus living through us to minister to thousands of people regionally, nationally and internationally.  We now have other leaders on staff who depend on Jesus to lead through them!
   You are a leader whether you know it or not.  You do not have to have a recognized position of leadership to lead.  You do not have to be in a ministry to lead.  Leadership is simply influence.  And you do influence people even if you don't realize it.
   The best way for you to lead, i.e. have influence is to daily ask Jesus Christ to live through you to influence the people around you.  Then, watch for opportunities.  Who knows what kind of influence you can have on your family, friends, neighbors, work and church!
   Start asking Jesus to lead through you.  I suspect what people will notice the most is your love for them, which is the greatest influence of all!
   Until next time, remember, He loves us!

Live Free In Christ,

Mark Maulding, President and Founder 
http://www.gracelifeinternatinal.com/



GraceLifeInternational.com   All Content Copyright © 2012 Mark Maulding