Logo

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Grace for Patience

 Have you ever heard someone say, "I am not a very patient person?"  If you are in Christ, you might want to reconsider. 

    I know from personal experience that what I am about to share with you is not only true, it can make a real difference in how you live your life.  Yesterday, I was waiting my turn at the pharmacy when the pharmacists said, "Yours is ready".  I was glad because my 30 minute errand had turned into one hour.  It was late at night and I was tired. 

   To my surprise, the technician helped the person at the car window instead of me.  Feeling impatient, I remembered the Gospel.  Colossians 2:10 says, "...in Him you have been made complete".  Because of this, we are patient people in Christ.  So, I took the thought captive and said to myself, "I am a patient person in Christ" and my irritation began to subside.  
            
   In Christ, we have all the patience we will ever need.   We don't need to pray for patience.  We already have it.  When we rely on The Patient One to live His life through us, we will be at rest in our souls.  This is why Galatians 5:17 tells us that the fruit of the Holy Spirit living through us is, "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, meekness, self-control."

   The next time you're feeling impatient, remember you are already a patient person in your identity in Christ.  Ask the Patient One to live through you!

Live Free In Christ,

Mark Maulding, President and Founder 

www.GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2013 Mark Maulding

No comments:

Post a Comment