Logo

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Grace for Life's Delays

The longer I am a Christian, the more I realize that God often wants to accomplish His purposes through us when there are delays in life. You see, our problem is not always about us or the problem.

Shortly after someone gave me a car in answer to prayer, I realized it had transmission problems. To get it repaired at the dealer's wholesale price, I would need to drive five hours and be away from my wife and Grace Life International for three days. Though I was happy I would get to be with my parents, I would be missing lots of ministry.

When I picked up the repaired car, I was planning to leave that day but my wife gently suggested I drive it for a while first. Good thing, because the next morning it had problems. The transmission company would fix it again at no charge but it would be Monday before it was ready. Another four day delay.

I knew that God might have something in mind that was not about the car. Sure enough, the man who drove me to my parents' house Monday morning brought up the subject of God, though he had no idea I was a Christian or in ministry. It was a great opportunity to share the Gospel with one who did not know Jesus. I realized my delay was orchestrated so God could reach out to this man whom He loved.

Divine delays can lead to divine appointments!

Live Free In Christ,

Mark Maulding, Founder and President


www.GraceLifeInternational.com
All Content Copyright © 2013 Mark Maulding

No comments:

Post a Comment