Logo

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christian Minister Freed from Addiction

In this blog, I want you to read a wonderful story of the power of the Gospel to free each of us who are Christians.  This man was counseled in our Asheville, NC satellite office. 

"It is my pleasure to recommend Grace Life International to anyone who finds themselves in need of solid, Biblical counseling from people who have experienced the life changing good news of Christ in their own lives.

I had the distinct privilege of learning and growing beside my counselor in Asheville, NC. He is a man of great character and has an incredible drive to share the love of God with anyone, regardless of background. It was through him that I was able to see the incredible program that Grace Life has assembled to remind all of us of the unfathomable amount of freedom that Christ offers to us.

As someone who works in full-time ministry, I have to be honest that, at times, I have become numb to the message of Christ. It wasn't because I didn't believe it was true. On the contrary, I knew it was true but I never experienced the power of the message as strongly as I did than when I began my discipleship counseling at Grace Life. The practical, thought provoking questions were not an uncomfortable psychoanalysis but rather a call to return to the life giving message of Jesus Christ. The lessons are clearly laid out with pointed objectives at the end.

Before coming to Grace Life, I had struggled with an addiction for several years. I never sought help because of the shame that I felt on a daily basis. No longer will I allow myself to stay in the "mud and mire" as described in Psalm 40. This incredible counseling organization worked with me and truly believed God was going to change me. Having that vote of confidence was crucial for me. While I still have days of strong temptation, I'm leaning more and more on God to find the freedom promised in His Word. Every day I am seeing how God is continuing to grow me and heal me from my past. I am convinced that this would not have happened had I not reached out for the help available at Grace Life.

Thank you, Grace Life, for being available to listen and offer Godly wisdom. You have made an incredible impact on my life!"

Sincerely, Jonathan Wood


Live Free In Christ,

Mark Maulding, President and Founder



www.GraceLifeInternational.com

All Content Copyright © 2012 Mark Maulding