Logo

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Eat, Sing and Celebrate God’s Work at GLI’s 20th Anniversary


A little over 20 years ago, I found myself wrestling with terrible doubt and fear about starting Grace Life International in Charlotte, NC.  One of the ways the Enemy had controlled my life in years prior was to insert doubt into my mind whenever I made a big decision.  During that period, I was always worried that this doubt might be God telling me not to go forward with a decision.  It hadn’t happened in a long time but here it was again and I was paralyzed by it.

As I slept that night, I had a very vivid dream.  In it, I was standing in the kitchen of my mother-in-law, Joanne Taylor telling her about my debilitating doubts as to whether I should go to Charlotte to start this ministry.  She looked at me with a serious look in her steel blue eyes and said with conviction, “You know that’s just Satan, don’t you?”  When I awoke the next morning, I knew God was telling me that my doubts were from Satan and that He definitely wanted me to go to Charlotte.  I never looked back!   For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

My wife and I then began to make our plans to leave the Atlanta area with our young children in tow (ages 6, 5, 3 and 1) to start Grace Life International.  As those plans unfolded and I drove back and forth every month preparing for the start, I had this incredible sense of destiny deep in my heart which excited me.  Yet, this destiny was a mystery waiting to be revealed.

Now as I look back over these first 20 years, I realize more than ever that the destiny was all of the people He was going to heal, free and restore through sharing the freedom of the complete Gospel with Christians.  Let me be more specific about this.  This sense of destiny He placed in my heart included you!  He had you in mind when He led me to start Grace Life International.  Little did I know, He was going to grow us from four amazing people on staff to 40 fantabulous staff with local, national and international influence?

On this 20th year, I want to invite you to celebrate with us on Saturday, October 3.  It is a free indoor/outdoor event which will include a pig-pickin, worship, personal stories and nationally known speaker, Andrew Farley  (www.AndrewFarley.org).   All of us really hope you will attend.   And if you can’t, you can still celebrate.  Just click the “I cannot attend but...”
To learn more about the event and how to register for free, click here http://glionline.givezooks.com/events/new-event-test-2


Warmly in Christ,


Mark Maulding, President and Founder

www.GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2015 Mark Maulding but feel free to pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment