Logo

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Reminds Us We are Not Orphans


   Occasionally I live like I am an orphan.  I sometimes wonder if my Father will show up for me when it matters.  Does anyone relate?  For example, I just piloted a new conference different than our Grace Life Conference called, "Foundation4Transformation".   
   When I recently did the first one, I wondered if very many people would show up, if I'm being honest.  Guess what God did?  He packed out the room!  
  It just goes to show that I need to constantly be reminded that I am a child of God, not an orphan.  Easter can bring this to the forefront because through the resurrection of our Life, Jesus Christ, we remember that we have been raised with Him with a new creation identity.  Ephesians 2:6 says, "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus." NIV  Our resurrection with Christ proves that we are no longer orphans.  We are sons and daughters of the Living God!
   This Easter let's rejoice in Jesus' conquering death, sin and satan because of His resurrection; and may it give us a needed jolt to also celebrate our unshakable identity in Christ.  Here are a few reminders of who we are in Christ as sons and daughters of God.  These are taken from our GLI bookmark which we freely given to all who have received faith in Jesus Christ.  They are all taken from the New American Standard Bible for accuracy.
I'm Accepted:  Accepted by God-Romans 15:7, Righteous-2 Corinthians 5:21, A Saint-Ephesians 1:1, Complete in Christ-Colossians 2:10, Not Condemned-Romans 8:1, Forgiven-Colossians 2:13.
I'm Significant:  God's Masterpiece-Ephesians 2:10, Chosen-Ephesians 1:4, God's Treasure-Matthew 13:44-46, Seated in Heaven - Ephesians 2:6, A New Creation-2 Corinthians 5:17, Designed by God-Psalm 139:13-16
I'm Loved:  Dearly Loved-1 Thessalonians 1:4, Beloved-Romans 1:7, Loved by the Father as Much as He Loves Jesus-John 17:23&26, Christ's Friend-John 15:15, Hidden with Christ-Colossians 3:3, Can't Stop God's Love for Me-Romans 8:37-39
    "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!" -1 John 3:1 NIV
   May this Easter be a beautiful reminder of how Jesus' resurrection changed you from an orphan to an incredible child of God!  Would you pray now and ask God if you tend to live more like an orphan or His child?
      

Live Free In Christ, Mark Maulding, President and Founder www.GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2013 Mark Maulding