Logo

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pray that Jesus Will Love Someone through You Today

Years ago, when our Father began to free me from legalism and sin, I had such an incredible desire to love other people that often I would pray, "God, please love someone through me today".  You see, God does not heal us and free us only for us to have peace.  He frees us so we can love people!  If you believe in grace, yet it has not produced a desire and ability to love people, you may be falling short of the grace of God. 
 
Galatians 5:13 (MSG) says, "It is absolutely clear that God  has called you to a free life.  Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows." 

Recently, I was on the phone with my cell phone provider working on a technical issue with Kimberly.  As we waited for my phone to "reboot", she began to tell me that she lived in Colorado where they were having a number of fires due to the summer drought.  She went on to say that she lived not too far from where the gunman had killed and injured all of those innocent people in the movie theater.  I sensed the Lord wanted me to ask her if she would have gone to heaven if she had been one of those killed in the theater.  As it turned out, she was a Christian who was experiencing deep hurt in her marriage.  She seemed delighted for me to refer her to one of our affiliate offices near her for counseling but I also told her if it did not work out to please call our office at 704-522-9026.  We offer Skype counseling and phone counseling. In the midst of trying to take care of a cell phone problem, God had another agenda.  He wanted to love a lady in Colorado through me who needed to know her Heavenly Father was pursuing her.

I have observed Jesus living through my wife, Ellen, in many similar situations.  She loves people, especially those outside of Christ, so unconditionally that more often than not, she is able to share with them how to become a Christian and most of them do.  Her relationship with them is so authentic that they are very open to her when she broaches the subject of the God who loves them.

Most days, the people He wants us to love are already all around us in our families, jobs, neighborhoods or churches.  I wonder what would happen if we prayed each day for God to love someone through us?  Oh, we would still work hard but who knows what incredible impact that would make in our world.  Wouldn't we all like to have people around us who were asking Jesus to live through them to love us?  Then we look for opportunities to do that?  That would be heaven on earth!  

How about you?  Would you be willing to ask Jesus to live through you to love someone each day?  If so, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
 
Live Free In Christ,


Mark Maulding, President and Founder



www.GraceLifeInternational.com
All Content Copyright © 2012 Mark Maulding