Logo

Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Wife Hit My Car! Thank You God!



       A few years ago, God gave me a car.  Let me tell you the story. In 1997, I had been praying for a car.  Why?  Well the car I was driving had an 8 track tape player - the great grandfather of the IPod!    The real problem was that the car was just wearing out.
     I had been invited to teach a large Sunday School class at a well known church.  I joked with the class that I was glad I did not get my identity from my car because it had an 8 track tape player.  
      The next day, I received a phone call.  The person said he was in the class the previous day and told me that he felt like God wanted to him to give me his car.  I immediately, replied, "I think He does too"!  It was a used car but at least it had a cassette player!
      About two weeks later after I had picked up the car, my wife told me she needed to go on an errand.  About two minutes after she left, she came back in the house and sat down.  I asked, "what is wrong"?  She sadly replied, "I hit your car".  Though I was stunned, I told her to go ahead and go on her errand.  
     As I sat there, I prayed, "Lord, my wife hit YOUR car"!  I know that you tell us to give thanks for all things and in all things.  So I thank you that my wife hit the car".   Now I must admit, I did not feel like thanking God for this but I did it by faith.
      As we approach Thanksgiving, I realize that many events in our lives are not quite as humorous as that one.  And if I am honest, I don't always thank God during difficult or stressful times.  But usually afterward, maybe months or years afterwards, I am able to thank our Father because I see His love shining through that dark event.  I am able to do this because our identity in Christ is that we are thankful children of God.  That is who we are.
       Understanding our identity in Christ, has transformed me and every area of my life as it has all of our 32 staff members.  That is why we are so passionate about sharing this with others.
    You can help us keep sharing with the thousands of people God is sending our way by becoming a monthly financial partner.       At this time, we need 20 partners at $10 per month, 20 at $20 per month, 10 at $50 per month and 10 at $100 per month. Would you become one of those partners at one of those levels.   Click on the red "Donate Now" button above to get started. 
       Until next time remember, He loves us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment