Logo

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What Is the Key to The Christian Life? (Part 1)


For many years, I was convinced that living the Christian successfully was the result of reading the Bible, praying, fasting, worshipping, serving, etc. Yet, I found myself growing more and more miserable.  My remedy?  Redouble my efforts.  The results?  Mental, emotional and physical burn out. Back then, I lived from the outside in.  I thought that those “disciplines” would make me a complete Christian
Today I do those same activities but from the inside out.   Yet, they are not the key.  Then what is the key?  Isaiah 40: 31 reveals the clear answer.  Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
First, the key is for those who wait.  The word “wait” in verse 31 is interesting in the Hebrew.  It literally means to be bound together with something or someone.  In this case, we who believe in Christ are bound together with Him.  Romans 6:5a says, “For if we have become united with Him…”  You were united with Christ the day you were saved.  The key to living a successful Christian life is Jesus living in and through us every day.  Are you daily asking Him to do that whether you feel like it or not?
Until next time, remember He loves us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment